Hello and Welcome to the Bent Neurophysiology Lab website.
Here you can access ongoing projects in the lab, information for participants, members of the lab, selected publications, and why we research skin!
The primary goals of the Bent Neurophysiology Lab research program are:
- To understand where posture is controlled.
- To understand what sensory information contributes to successful movement and equilibrium.
This research program involves two key areas of study:
- To perform direct recordings from sensory afferents and motor efferents in awake human subjects to investigate sensory contributions to movement, balance control, and reflex responses.
- To elicit balance perturbations to test the function of these reflex loops, and sensory contributions to the maintenance of equilibrium and postural control.
Latest from the Bent Lab
- Recent Discussions (March 25)
Hello Everyone! Here at the Bent Neurophysiology Lab we can’t believe that the month of March is already almost complete!
- Recent Discussions (March 1)
Hello everyone! Hope you had a great February and are ready to turn the page of the calendar into the month of March.
Hello and Welcome to the Bent Neurophysiology Lab Website.